Orson Hill Realty has always been involved in the community. Our real estate agents have children in the schools and go to the same restaurants and festivals as everyone else. We sponsor and donate to as many causes as we can. We are happy to announce our mascot (we are sure you have seen him on ads) Awesome (the dog) will be running for Honorary Mayor of Evergreen. Please follow Awesome on Facebook. Awesome promises to represent to beautiful mountain town of Evergreen with dignity and pride. He is a very loyal and willing to be best friends with anyone.
Honorary Mayor of Evergreen – EAPL
Evergreen’s Honorary Mayor will be elected for the first time in 2020, and it will be a DOG!
In a time of intense politics in our country, Evergreen is choosing “Pawlitics” instead, where community members can nominate and run their beloved canine for the coveted office of Honorary Mayor of Evergreen.
Evergreen Animal Protective League (EAPL) is the sponsor and beneficiary of this exciting program. The Honorary Mayor Program will kick-off January 15th with a Mayor, and Deputy-Mayor, announced on February 21, 2020. Our first Honorary Mayor will have official duties at Evergreen’s most popular annual events and proudly represent our beautiful mountain community. Get your amazing pup ready for the campaign trail as this is the election “you can buy”.
All proceeds benefit EAPL to further their mission of supporting lost, abandoned, and suffering animals through rescue, shelter, and education.
A little about the EAPL:
- We are totally volunteer for all our rescue operations. The majority of our members work during the day and do their volunteer work in the evenings and on weekends. There are NO paid directors, employees, or volunteers for rescue operations.
- We operate a retail Thrift Store whose profits go entirely to the rescue operations of EAPL. The Thrift Store is staffed by 3 part-time employees and many caring volunteers.
- We are not supported by taxes. All funding comes from donations from the public, from fund raising activities, and from our retail Thrift Store. We do not make money from adoption fees. Adoption fees do not even cover the cost of advertising the pet, let alone vet care, etc.
- Because we must raise our own funds to operate, we depend upon the Evergreen community for contributions and for volunteer assistance.
- We are a non-profit organization recognized for tax exempt status by the Internal Revenue Service. Our tax exempt number is 74-2204391. If you are contemplating donating to us you may use this number.
- We rescue and shelter (if space is available) abandoned pets.
- We adopt pets not claimed by anyone to new homes.
- We reunite lost pets with their owners through lost and found records.
- We assist financially with neutering of pets, and we educate pet owners about neutering whenever possible.
- We educate adults wherever possible about proper care of pets.
- We provide educational programs in the elementary schools.
- We provide pet registration tags for pets.
- We conduct fund raising activities to finance our programs.
- We are a good source for information on pet behavior problems, but do not consider ourselves a replacement for a veterinarian.
- We help animals in any way that we possibly can.
JANUARY 15-30 : NOMINATIONS
FEBRUARY 3: ANNOUNCE CANDIDATES
FEBRUARY 17: MAYOR CANDIDATE FORUM
FEBRUARY 21: ANNOUNCE RESULTS