Finding the best Realtor and Real Estate Agent
Finding the best Realtor can be difficult. Everybody and their mother know “the best Realtor”. The problem is most of the references haven’t actually used that Realtor. They only know that real estate agent socially and has not used them as a Realtor of their own. It is always best to find a real estate agent that is best in the area with online marketing and website design these days. The importance for your Realtor to know modern marketing is so important. It is also good to have an agent that can combine true and tested old school methods mixed with the best marketing here in 2019.
Questions you can ask your real estate agent
- Do you have a real estate website?
- Are you on social media?
- Do you know how to market a home in 2019?
- Will you hold an open house on our listing?
- Are you a Realtor or just a real estate agent?
- Do you have kids in the school system in the area?
- How many years have you been in the business?
- How many homes have you sold?
- Do you work with more buyers or sellers?
- Why are you the best real estate agent to sell (or buy) or next home?
- Are you active in the community?
- What would other real estate agents say about you?
- What would your past clients say about you?
Some Realtors are better with sellers and some better with buyers
It is important that the seller is able to work well with their real estate agent. Sometimes the “best real estate agent” for one seller is not the the best for another seller or to use them as a buyer agent. Selling a home is usually a very stressful transaction and may take up to a few months depending on the market and the agent. It is important that your personality works well with the person responsible for selling your most valuable investment.
Research your real estate agent
A buyer and seller should also keep in mind that some Realtors are better at specific types of real estate transactions. Some specialize in foreclosures, luxury homes, land, divorce sales, horse properties and any other niche type of market you can imagine. The best agent for one job might not be the best agent for another job. As an educated consumer it is the clients responsibility and duty to search and research the agent as much as possible to assure to hire the best person to buy or sell their home. It is not in your best interest to hire your neighbor’s nephew to help him get started in their real estate career and your neighbor should not feel insulted if you refuse to hire them strictly upon the fact you met them at a neighborhood 4th of July BBQ. It is so important to pick the right agent for the job.