So it’s time to sell your home. Now what do do?
Homeowners always want to know what they can do to ensure that their homes fetch top
dollar when they’re ready to sell.
With spring finally here, why not throw open the windows and tackle those projects that
you’ve been putting off all winter!
The checklist below is a fantastic start to keeping your home in great shape and
at maximum value.
• Remove and donate unwanted items; reorganize and clean attic and garage de-clutter. Remove most things that involve personal taste.
• Power wash exterior walls, porch floors, deck patio, driveway and sidewalks
• Clean outdoor furniture, umbrellas and outdoor light fixtures
• Clean out gutters
• Clean out refrigerator and freezer, making sure to vacuum the grill and coil
• Reorganize closets, donating unwanted items
• Remove lint from the hose attached to the back of the clothes dryer
• Vacuum baseboards, walls and ceilings; wipe down walls just make the place look clean. If it is not clean it makes the buyer think you may not have taken the best care of your home the entire time you owned it.
• Steam clean carpets and area rugs and upholstery. The carpet also needs to be stretched so there aren’t “waves” going through it
• Reseal natural stone surfaces
• Reseal and repair grout in bathtubs and showers. Counter tops as well.
• Clean window treatments; dust and clean blinds and shutters
• Remove items from all shelves remember less is more; dust and clean
• Oil all window and door hinges